We do not accept returns on any items except books received damaged. Damaged books that can be returned must have been ordered from the Arte Publico Press – LatinoTeca website and must be reported damaged within 5 business days of receipt. Shipping is at the expense of the customer. Please call our Sales Department at 1-800-633-2783 before returning any items.
Digitized Books Return Policies:
Return policies for digitized items can be found here.
Retailers and Wholesalers:
Please be advised that permission is not required to return books to Arte Publico Press. However, the following conditions must be satisfied to be eligible for credit on returns:
- The returned books must be in perfect saleable condition. Books that are packed in a standing position, on their sides, or against the walls of the box tend to get damaged edges and will automatically be revoked for credit. To avoid this, simply allow plenty of stuffing around all four sides between box and books. Do not use newspaper for packing since the ink tends to stain the books.
- Books that have or have had price stickers or price stamps will not be accepted for credit. Any books with signs of residue left behind by the price stickers or scratch marks caused by attempts to remove price stickers will be refused for credit.
- Autographed books will not be accepted for credit.
- In order to verify and credit the proper account and discount, our invoice number must be indicated in the packing slip. If this information is not provided, books will be credited at 50% discount.
- In the event that books are returned to Arte Publico, please note that a credit shall be issued in the appropriate dollar amount. Arte Publico will not issue cash refunds in lieu of credit. In order for Arte Publico to issue cash refunds, the credit memo must be at least a year old. When taking credits, our credit memo number must be referenced on the payment. Chargebacks will not be accepted without a credit memo number.
- Please notify us if any books are received damaged within 30 days of receipt. Otherwise, we will infer that books were received in saleable condition.
- If your damaged returns are rejected for credit, you will be notified by mail. We will either ship the books back to you via UPS Collect, or we will hold the books for thirty days while you issue a call-tag to have them returned to you. They will be discarded after thirty days.
Please call 1-800-633-2783 if you have further questions concerning our Return Policy.